Q: Will there be a centralized registration?
A: Yes! This year we’re hosting central registration in Quarry Plaza all day on Saturday, April 28. Starting at 10 a.m. we’ll have maps, information tables, music, snacks, and easy access to all our great events. You can register onsite for anything you might have missed! Right outside the Bay Tree Bookstore (where they’re offering a 20 percent discount for alumni all weekend), we’ll be running extra shuttles for ease of access all day until we wrap up around 3 p.m. to get ready for the beer and wine reception in the newly revamped Quarry Amphitheater.
Q: Do I need a paper ticket?
A: No, your name will be on a guest list for each event you have pre-registered to attend. You should also have everything you need in either the registration packet that was mailed to you or in the information you picked up at central registration.
Q: Will there be photos after the event?
A: Yes. The UC Santa Cruz University Relations office will send guests a follow-up with a recap, photos, and more.
Q: What if I need special accessibility accommodations?
A: Please contact the Special Events Office directly to make arrangements for special accommodations for the weekend. Phone (831) 459-5003, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to download the Alumni Weekend app
We are using the Whova event app for Alumni Weekend. The app is for free for event attendees. To download the app, please follow ANY of the steps below:
- Open up the Apple Store or Google Play on your mobile device, and search for “Whova.”
- Or, visit here in your mobile device’s web browser.
When you have found Whova, tap to download and install the Whova app.
How to sign in to the app
- Sign in options:
- Enter the email address you used when you registered for Alumni Weekend
- Or, use your social media account
- When logging in with Facebook, you will need to enter our invitation code: aw18
- Create password and type in your name.
- Profile editing: other attendees will see this and connect with you. You can edit it later by clicking the “Menu” button.
- Access your event main page: the app will take you to your event page automatically if organizers updated the app with your registration information.
**If your event doesn’t show up automatically, search for it. Then, click the join button on the bottom of the event description page, and enter the event invitation code: aw18. Or, request a new code and wait until the organizers approve your request.
- Sign in options:
- Whova lists all the sessions on each event day, You can search an individual session by keywords, including a session title, room, and a speaker name.
- Find fellow classmates and make new connections. You can search by keywords including college, year, or major.
- You can click attendees in the list, and see their profiles. You can see the college information of fellow attendees, and say “hi” with a click.
- Maps and logistics
- Access interactive maps, parking info, places to stay, and more!
Locations, directions, and parking
Q: Where can I find campus maps?
A: An interactive campus map can be found here and printable maps are coming soon. If you did not receive a registration packet in the mail, you can also pick up a map at the parking kiosk at the base of campus.
Q: What is the parking situation?
A: Please see our Parking and Shuttles page. Parking is complimentary across campus all day on Saturday and Sunday, April 28 and 29.
Q: Why are some locations listed as TBD (to be determined)?
A: This is because the classroom size is dependent on the number of registrations we receive—we have done our best to estimate attendance, but some events are so popular they exceed expectations! In that case, we need to find a larger space. Stay tuned as these locations are announced.
Lunch and beer and wine reception
Q: What is the lunch seating format? Is it assigned? Will I be able to sit with my friends/family?
A: This year we’re offering an artisanal carry-out lunch. Come by central registration and pick up your pre-paid artisanal carry-out lunch and grab a table in Quarry Plaza or head to your favorite spot on campus for lunch in the sun. There are also a ton of fun and interesting events over the lunch hour, and you are welcome to grab your lunch and go. Lunch can be purchased individually or as a group/family. See our registration page for details.
Q: Will there be a vegetarian option for lunch?
A: Yes. And vegan and gluten-free too!
Q: Will there be live music?
A: Yes, there will be live music throughout the day. During the weekend, several events on campus will provide music to accompany their activities, and we always have amazing local bands for our featured events, as well!
Q: Do I need to be 21 to attend the wine reception?
A: No, but you must be 21 to be served alcohol. Nonalcoholic beverages will also be available.
Q: Will we have to walk on the grass at the wine reception?
A: No, but there is a bit of forest floor to walk across when heading into the Quarry Amphitheater. Given the nature of our beautiful campus, we recommend comfy shoes throughout the weekend.
Q: How does my business become an official Alumni Weekend sponsor?
A: Thank you for your interest in supporting Alumni Weekend, please visit our sponsorship information page here.